Transfer Basics Seminars
Our Transfer Basics seminar series is designed to assist our students through the transfer process, including: basic requirements to the CSU & UC, discovering transfer programs, preparing for competitive admissions, exploring transfer options, and how to budget for the university.
Visit the Transfer Center Calendar for a schedule of seminar dates!
Transfer Basics Intro
Tips for New Students!
Students are strongly encouraged to begin their transfer research and preparation from the moment they begin their education at Fullerton College. Thus, we believe that early outreach to our students is essential to their transfer success. This seminar to provide new students with the “tips” that we know will ensure a successful transfer.
- Fullerton College – A wise choice!
- 3 Basic Steps to Transfer:
- Exploring (transfer options)
- Preparing (The importance of counseling)
- Applying (Early preparation)
- Transfer Center services
- The importance of staying connected
Transfer Basics 101
Basic Transfer Requirements to the CSU & UC
Our most popular seminar!
This seminar covers the basic admissions requirements to the California State University (CSU) and University of California (UC).
- Minimum Transfer Requirements for the CSU & UC
- Competitive campuses and major programs
- General Education Patterns
- Major Preparation
- The CSU and UC Application Process
- Special Programs and services
Transfer Basics 201
Many popular UC, CSU and private campuses apply competitive admissions standards that exceed the minimum requirements. This seminar is designed to help our students learn what they can do at Fullerton College to make themselves a more competitive candidate! Topics include:
- Current Competitive Colleges & Universities
- CSU Local Service Areas
- Academic Preparation
- Extracurricular Activities
- Personal Qualities & Life Experiences
Transfer Basics 301
Transfer students from California community colleges have access to many special transfer programs that give them a distinct advantage in transfer to the CSU, UC, and even some private and out-of-state campuses too!
- The California Community College advantage to the CSU & UC
- Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADT)
- UC Transfer Admissions Guarantee (TAG)
- UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (TAP)
- Guaranteed Admissions to Arizona State
- Transfer Guarantee to Historically Black Colleges & Universities
- Western Undergraduate Exchange Program
Transfer Basics 401
Exploring Transfer Options
As the many of the CSU and UC become more competitive, it is becoming even more important for student to explore all their transfer options! This seminar is designed to educate and encourage transfer students to consider all possible transfer options.
Topics covered include:
- Current Competitive Admissions Practices (CSU & UC)
- An Overview of the CSU and UC systems
- California Private Colleges
- Out-of-State Institutions
- HBCU, Women’s Colleges
- Non-Traditional Programs: Online Programs, Programs for Working Adults
Transfer Basics 501
How to Afford a University
Maybe you are thinking about that dream college or you have been accepted to a university and received your financial aid award and are now wondering “Can I afford this university? This seminar provides students with the basics of how to afford a college/university in an easy-to-understand, practical way!
- Financial Aid – Just the Basics!
- How it works
- What’s available?
- Budgeting – How to really afford your dream college!
- Cost of Attendance
- Funding sources
- Monthly expenses
- Scholarships & Special Programs
- California Dream Act
- California Middle Class Scholarship
- UC Blue & Gold Plan