The Cooke Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship is a highly selective scholarship for the nation’s top community college students seeking to complete their bachelor’s degrees at four-year colleges or universities. Each Cooke Scholar has access to generous financial support for two to three years, college planning support, ongoing advising, and the opportunity to connect with the thriving community of fellow scholars.
- Sophomore Status – Be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by January 1, 2019, or a recent graduate (since spring 2014).
- Fall College Enrollment– Plan to enroll full-time in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university in fall 2019.
- GPA– Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.50 or better on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent).
- Financial Need– Demonstrate unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. Last year’s cohort of new transfer scholarship recipients had a median family income of approximately $32,000.
- No previous enrollment or attendance at a four-year institution – Students who have attended a four-year institution in the past are not eligible for this scholarship.
THIS HIGHLY COMPETITIVE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDES:
- Up to $40,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school.
- Ability to pursue any area of study.
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid.
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to a four-year college and maximize the student experience.