The Transfer Center provides assistance to our students applying to any college or university (CSU, UC and the Common Application) as an undergraduate. In addition to assistance with these online applications, the center also provides our undergraduate students with the UC Personal Insight Questions and the Common Application writing requirements.
The Application Workshop Series – Designed for a Fall Transfer
All CSU and UC campuses are open for fall admissions; however, some highly popular CSU and UC campuses may not accept transfer students for the winter and/or spring. Thus, students should plan for a fall transfer!
Our Application Workshop Series is designed to assist students with these 5 steps required of the CSU & UC application for a fall transfer:
Visit the Transfer Center Calendar for a schedule of workshop dates!
Summer is the time for students to connect with the Transfer Center to begin their CSU and UC application for a fall transfer!
Part 1: Are You Ready to Apply?
This workshop provides students with an overview of the entire year-long fall application cycle for the CSU & UC. Topics include:
- CSU & UC transfer requirements and deadlines
- Application Process Overview
- Selective/impacted campuses
- CSU local service areas
- Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
- UC Transfer Admissions Guarantee (TAG)
Fall opens the traditional application for the CSU and UC for a fall transfer!
The Transfer Center offers two versions of our Part 2 (CSU & UC).
Part 2: Applying to Transfer
Our Part 2 workshops consist of the following application workshops:
- Part 2: The California State University (CSU) Application
- Part 2: The University of California (UC) Application
Participants are offered assistance with all aspects of these applications, including the UC Personal Insight Questions.
Winter is the time for students to update their CSU and UC fall applications with fall grades and spring enrollment!
These updates are usually required in the month of January.
Part 3: After You Apply – The Next Steps
This workshop provides students with the next steps they must take after they have submitted their university application.
- Application acknowledgement notices
- Setting up university portals
- Reporting fall grades and spring enrollment
- Online application updates and transcripts
- Changes in reported grades and courses
- Applying for financial aid.
March through April is the traditional time that universities begin notifying students of their fall admissions decisions.
The Transfer Center provides its fall transfer students with our last two workshops designed to assist them in their final transfer admissions process.
Part 4: Admission Decisions! – Accepted, Wait-listed or Denied.
This workshop provides students with assistance with their admissions notices.
- Acceptance and denial notices
- Being Placed on an Admissions Wait List
- How to determine which campus is the best fit,
- Accepting an admission offer,
- Enrollment confirmation deposits,
- Appealing a denial notice,
- Dropping and/or failing spring courses,
- Transitioning to the university
Part 5: The University Financial Aid Offer – Affordability & Budgeting
This workshop is designed to assist students with understanding their university financial aid offer and how to budget for the university.
- Understanding the various forms of university financial aid
- Discussing Grants, Loans, and scholarships
- Understanding Cost of Attendance
- How to budget for the university