The Transfer Center provides assistance to students applying to any college or university in the following ways:
- Assistance completing and submitting any undergraduate university application.
- Assistance with any undergraduate university application essay.
- The UC and many private campuses require students to write essays as part of their application.
- For more detailed information about personal essay assistance please contact the Transfer Center.
Application Workshop Series – Designed for a Fall Transfer
All CSU and UC campuses are open for fall admissions but many CSU and most UC campuses no longer accepting students for a mid-year transfer (spring & winter). Thus students should plan for a fall transfer!
Our Application Workshop Series is designed to assist students with these 4 steps required of the CSU & UC application for a fall transfer:
Visit the Transfer Center Calendar for a schedule of workshop dates!
Part 1 Are You Ready to Apply?
This workshop provides students with an overview of the entire year-long fall application cycle for the CSU & UC.
Topics covered include:
- CSU & UC transfer requirements and deadlines
- Application Process Overview
- Selective/impacted campuses
- CSU local service areas
- Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
- UC Transfer Admissions Guarantee (TAG)
Part 2 Applying to Transfer
The Transfer Center offers the following application workshops:
- California State University (CSU) This workshop guides students through the most difficult parts of the CSU application such as calculating transferable: units, grade points, and GPA. In addition, we answer the most common questions related to the Associate Degree for Transfer, applying to EOP, and the application fee waiver.
- University of California (UC) This workshop covers the most frequently asked questions about the UC application such a reporting courses, ranking San Diego’s six colleges, applying for EOP and the application fee waiver. In addition, we provide detailed assistance with the UC personal statements.
Part 3 After You Apply – The Next Steps
Fall – Winter
This workshop provides students with the next steps they must take after they have submitted their university application.
- Application acknowledgement notices
- Setting up university portals
- Reporting fall grades and spring enrollment
- Online application updates and transcripts
- Changes in reported grades and courses
- Applying for financial aid.
Part 4 Admission Decisions!
This workshop provides students with assistance with their admissions notices.
- Acceptance and denial notices
- Being Placed on an Admissions Wait List
- How to determine which campus is the best fit,
- Accepting an admission offer,
- Enrollment confirmation deposits,
- Appealing a denial notice,
- Dropping and/or failing spring courses,
- Transitioning to the university
Spring & Winter Application Cycles
Important Notice: Students should work with their counselor to plan for a fall transfer because many CSU and most UC campuses will not accept transfer applicants for mid-year (spring & winter). However, because it is possible that some campuses might accept transfer applications for spring (semester/quarter) and/or winter (quarter), the Transfer Center does provide application workshops in the summer!
Other Application Workshops
In addition to the workshop series above, we also provide workshops for the following applications:
- UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) Workshop
Six UC campuses offer TAG! This one-hour workshop covers the basic requirements for the Transfer Admissions Guarantee and the UC Transfer Admissions Planner. This workshop is offered during the UC TAG filing period of September.
Important Notice: Students applying for TAG must also submit the UC Application in the month of November!
- Applying to Private & Out- of State Universities Workshop
This one-hour workshop covers the most frequently asked questions regarding the Common Application.
Topics include the Common Application Personal Statement, evaluations, forms, and the CSS Profile.